The Biennial CHARLES WEI-HSUN FU-ISCP Essay Contest in Asian Philosophy
Three prizes of $2,000 each are offered for the best essays in the area of Asian philosophy, two awards for graduate students of begining faculty (within five years of receipt of the Ph.D.), one each in Chinese and English, as well as one award for a senior scholar. Awardees are required to attend the biennial conference of the International Society for Chinese Philosophy conference to present their winning essays.
Decisions will be rendered by separate panels of scholars, drawn from the membership of the International Society for Chinese Philosophy. Funding (up to $1000) also will be provided for the winners to travel to the biennial ISCP conference.
The 2007 conference is scheduled for Wuhan, People's Republic of China.
- Young scholars beginning their careers, such as graduate students or assistant professors within five years of receipt of their Ph.D.), as well as independent scholars of comparable standing. Awardees are required to send a conference submission to ISCP and attend the conference to present the winning essay.
- Senior scholars in need of funding to attend the conference.
- CREATIVITY: original philosophical insights, such as East-West comparisons.
- COHERENCE: a cogent, well-argued presentation.
- SCHOLARSHIP: competence in dealing with philosophical texts and interpretations.
The CHARLES WEI-HSUN FU Annual Essay Contest in Field-Being Philosophy and Non-Substantialist Thought.
Each of the two winners recieves an award of $1000, plus transportation to the conference (up to $500), with board and lodging at the conference provided by IIFB($450):
Zen Buddhism and Julia Kristeva's Feminist Poetics"
"The Field of Possibility: Zhuangzi and Kierkegaard"
Biennial CHARLES WEI-HSUN FU-ISCP Essay Contest in Asian Philosophy Past Awardees
CHINESE LANGUAGE - YOUNG SCHOLAR
Charles Wei-Hsun Fu Foundation
FU FOUNDATION-ISCP ESSAY CONTEST
(the information provided here is intended for the records of the Foundation and will NOT be revealed to reviewers evaluating submissions)
(including zip code)
(please include institution, date, and discipline)
Female Male (circle one)
Essay Submission Title:
The Fu foundation welcomes the participation of Independent Scholars in ALL of its programs!